To continue to develop my career and experience with a forward thinking company that recognizes the need for better user experiences in all aspects of its business model. For that organization to benefit from my abilities, to excel at the tasks assigned to me and to become an asset to a team focused on success. To represent the users needs and create clean, clear and user friendly interfaces across all channels.
February 2009 – Present Interval International Miami, Fl.
Information Architect/UX Designer
• Conceptualized / designed and helped develop an AS400 call centre application re-architecture from “green screens” to an enterprise class web based Interface.
• Conducted usability study via interviews of call centre users for a new Intranet web based application.
• Lead meetings with business users, stake holders, vp’s and ba’s to develop use cases, model flow charts and wireframes utilizing Axure.
• Interfaced with marketing and call centre stake holders to review requirements and functionality with the aid of interactive wireframes and high fidelity mockups via Photoshop CS 5 for sign off.
• Coordinated development and implementation of wires to live code with Java based Development Team both on and off shore. ( China, Free Borders )
• Responsible for serving as liaison between the AI team and the Web Development Team due to prior experience developing GUI web based solutions.
• Assisted in User Acceptance Testing and overall product quality assurance based on business rules and required functionality.
• Followed the design process from concept to final product to maintain consistent UX throughout an application developed to be used by over 1000 in-house agents and hundreds of remote access resort agents each with their own security based view of the actions and functionality.
January 2008 – January 2009 Interval International Miami, Fl.
Sr. Web Designer
• Oversaw orientation, training and mentoring of new team members
• Development of projects/GSP’s was done via STS and deployments were created based on files checked into our SVN repository.
• Introduced cross browser compatible Jquery functionality to allow for mobile devices to navigate the parent website.
• Created documentation for established procedures, standards and policies within the web design group based on corporate creative guidelines.
• Served as back up for Web Manager handling emergencies and assigning tasks to other team members to handle any unplanned or last minute tasks assigned to the group.
• Lead medium to large projects which included critical changes of the booking workflow for the company website which resulted in less calls to the call center and a marked increase in revenue.
• Received accolades for the daily deals email and website marketing campaign which won an Adrian Award for 2010
September 2004 - December, 2007 Interval International Miami, Fl.
Associate Web Designer
• I was tasked with designing and maintaining various 3rd party web sites which would drive additional traffic from different affiliate organizations to utilize our excess inventory thus reducing burn space.
• Developed html newsletter templates to be used via Interwoven by the online marketing team to create email campaigns.
• Created & implemented marketing emails and helped deploy weekly email campaigns to 2 million households.
• Multi language versions of campaigned were created and support for our UK and overseas offices was provided for code and newsletter email hygiene.
• I was made responsible for meeting with the inline marketing department resources and recollecting information for specific marketing initiatives which were then translated into new landing pages and or email newsletter campaigns which were scheduled and sent out via our in house Epiphany engine.
February 2002 – August 2004 Freelance Miami, Fl.
Freelance Web Designer (Contract)
• Created various small to medium sized business oriented websites for a wide array of clients
• Acted as marketing, project manager and designer in order to meet client needs and keep projects within budget and specified timelines.
January 2001 – January 2002 Isoguard – Ferrel Shultz Zumpano Miami, Fl.
Application UI Designer (Contract)
• I was brought on board to work closely with a team of developers and system architects to create an application which would be used to monitor specialized chemicals which could be measured and relayed to labs around the world providing security violation mitigation of petroleum vendors.
• All graphical elements, color, typography and design were implemented solely by me.
• Weekly meetings were held via video conferencing with the stake holders in Texas in order provide feedback and status updates.
• Travel we needed to home office occasionally to meet with the team who would be providing training materials to all of the field agents utilizing this online application via a secure channel.
January 2000 – January 2001 Ritmoteca.com Miami, Fl.
Sr. Web Designer
• Created logo, corporate package, marketing materials on and off line.
• Oversaw a small team of designers working remotely from two different offices.
• Prepared documentation for procedures and policies for Brand enforcement.
February 1995 – January 2000 Internet Marketing Consultants Miami, Fl.
• I received most of my training and on the job experience via diving in and applying my design skills to the web.
• I was the only designer on staff which meant I had to learn fast and be able to handle a wide array of responsibilities and learn as I went along. The work was challenging but ultimately rewarding.
1995 – 1997 Miami Dade Community College Miami, Fl
Associates in Arts – Graphic Design
South Florida User Experience Group
Attended IA Summit 2011, 2014
Human Computer Interface Design
Usability Test Cases
User Work Flow Design